With the legalization of cannabis in many states across the country, an entire industry has emerged that is booming with job opportunities. Whether you’re looking to break into the industry or grow your career, this blog post is here to provide you with a comprehensive guide on how to find a cannabis-related job.
Tips for applying to a cannabis company
When looking for a job in the cannabis industry, it is important to keep in mind that the process may be different than what you are used to. There are storefronts and sites such as CheapWeed. Here are some tips to help you when applying to a cannabis company:
1. Do your research – take the time to learn about the company and the position you are applying for. This will help you stand out from other candidates.
2. Be professional – remember that this is a real business and first impressions matter. Dress appropriately for an interview and be sure to follow up after meeting someone from the company.
3. Know your stuff – since the cannabis industry is still relatively new, it is important to be up-to-date on current events and trends. Showing that you are knowledgeable about the industry will give you an edge over other candidates.
4. Don’t be afraid to network – meeting people in the industry can help you learn more about potential job opportunities. Attend industry events or connect with people online through forums and social media.
5. Be patient – the process of finding a job in the cannabis industry may take longer than usual, so don’t get discouraged if you don’t hear back right away. Keep networking and applying to different companies until you find the right fit!
How to prepare for a cannabis job interview
If you’re looking to get a job in the cannabis industry, you need to be prepared for your job interview. Here are some tips on how to prepare for a cannabis job interview:
1. Do your research: Make sure you know everything there is to know about the company you’re interviewing with. What do they do? What’s their mission statement? What are their values?
2. Be professional: Even though the cannabis industry is more relaxed than other industries, you still need to dress and act professionally during your interview. First impressions matter!
3. Know your stuff: Show that you’re knowledgeable about the cannabis industry by being able to answer questions about it. Remember, the person interviewing you is likely an expert in this field, so don’t try to bullshit them.
4. Ask questions: Have some questions prepared ahead of time that show you’re interested in the company and the position you’re interviewing for. This will help create a dialogue and make the interview feel more like a conversation than an interrogation.
5. Follow up: After your interview, be sure to send a thank-you note or email to the person who interviewed you. This shows that you’re interested in the position and appreciate their time.
What are some cannabis companies that allow remote work?
There are a number of cannabis companies that allow remote work. Some of these include:
-Aurora Cannabis: Aurora is a leading global cannabis company with operations in 24 countries. They offer a variety of positions that can be done remotely, including customer service, sales, and marketing.
-Canopy Growth: Canopy Growth is another leading global cannabis company with operations in 10 countries. They offer a variety of remote positions as well, including customer service and sales.
-The Green Organic Dutchman: The Green Organic Dutchman is a leading producer of organic cannabis. They have operations in Canada, the Netherlands, and Jamaica. They offer several remote positions, including customer service, sales, and marketing.
With the cannabis industry growing at a rapid pace, finding a cannabis related job is becoming easier than ever. Whether you’re looking for an entry level position or something more specialized, there are plenty of opportunities out there that can help you get your foot in the door and start working in this exciting new field. By following our guide on how to find a cannabis related job, we hope that you can get started quickly and easily without having to spend too much time trying to figure things out on your own.