Do the steps for an effective Skin care routine look all complicated and stressful to you? Well, you can still practice good Skin care naturally by carrying out daily activities that won’t stress you in any way. Good Skin care and a good lifestyle can help reduce the probability of early aging and certain skin issues. Given below are 5 healthy ways to cater for the skin with natural skin care.
5 Healthy Tips for Maintaining a Healthy Skin
Protect yourself from sun exposure
The sun is the primary factor of skin damage. The ultraviolet rays of the sun tend to penetrate deep into the skin, killing off essential nutrients in the skin. Over-exposure to sunlight can cause age spots, wrinkles as well as other skin complications like cancer. To provide optimum protection from sunlight, you can;
- Always wear sunscreen: It’s recommended you use a broad spectrum sunscreen SPF of at least 15. Apply the sunscreen evenly over the face, and remember to reapply every 2 hours or more if you sweat too much or swim.
- Stay away from the sun around 10 am and 4 pm: At this time, the sun’s rays are at their peak intensity.
- Always wear protective clothing; long pants, wide-brimmed hats, and long-sleeved shirts. These are clothes that can be worn when going out.
Treat Your Skin with Caution
At times, when we talk about caring for the skin through bathing, some may think it means having a shower every hour. Well, it may pose some dangers to your skin at times. To strike a balance here;
- Desist from using strong soaps: Opt for mild and gentle body cleansers as strong soaps and detergents can get rid of essential oils in your skin.
- Reduce your bath time: Staying in the shower for too long, and bathing with hot water tends to remove essential oils from the skin. Instead of hot, try using warm water, and also limit your bath time.
- Shave Carefully: To avoid bumps and also lubricate your skin, use shaving cream, lotion, or gel before you shave.
- Gently pat dry your skin after bathing. This ensures some moisture remains on the skin. Avoid scrubbing the skin with a towel as this may peel off the outermost layer of your skin.
- For those that’s got dry skin type, use a moisturizer that contains SPF.
Eat a Healthy Meal
Aside from the benefits of a healthy meal to the brain, it also helps you look fresh, and all good. Consume many fruits, vegetables, lean proteins, and whole grains. In all of this, remember to drink lots of water to stay hydrated throughout the day.
Try Stress Management
At times, the major cause of that acne breakout or early wrinkles might be due to stress. Try to get quality sleep, don’t overthink, do things you find joy in, and stay happy always.
Smoking rips your skin off its oils and nutrients, making it look older and filled with wrinkles. This act tends to narrow the tiny blood vessels in the outermost part of the skin. This in turn reduces the rate of blood flow, making the skin look paler.
Aside from this, smoking damages collagen and Elastin (the major fibers that give the skin its elasticity and strength).
So guys, there you have it, the basic ways you can care for your skin without exposing it to harsh chemicals or products. Have issues regarding your skin? Try contacting your dermatologist today and have it all sorted out.